My BIL has been asking me for sometime to give my sister the recipe to my tator tot casserole and of course I keep forgetting. Christmas comes and he asked to me again about the recipe. So I thought I would just put it on here and maybe she will get it and I will be out of trouble with him. lol
Now if you have a bigger family just double everything. I had done that for just the four of us but just the last couple of months I have been cutting back on how much meat we eat. Way to much food being wasted and we were just getting bigger and couldn't figure out why! Well duh! Cut back on some of what you eat and you will start feeling better and loose some weight. I've lost 20 lbs. since the end of August and I feel so much better.
I think our package meat is a pound and a half, so just one of those or just a pound. Also when we don't have fresh meat in the freezer I use ground turkey from the grocery store. I don't like the beef from the store, whole different taste, yuck! (I used 2 packages before.)
1 package of mixed vegetables, any brand will be fine I just use this. And you can use just a half of the package if you like. You make this the way you and your family like it.
1 can of Cream of chicken or cream of mushroom. When I first started making this I used cream of mushroom, but one night I didn't have a can of it, so cream of chicken went in it. The family and I like it better. Just add a little bit of water to help with the juice.
And of course the tator tots. You put your tator tots in a 9x13 pan or you can make it smaller, cover bottom of pan with tots. Then start cooking the meat. Set oven at 350 degrees.
Cook up the meat then add the soup and vegetables. I also put some onion bits for taste.
Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
Then pour mix over tator tots.
Sprinkle with cheese, I use a mix cheese but you can just use cheddar or none at all, but it's not as good.
Put in oven for about 20 to 30 minutes until cheese is a little brown.
I serve the family some sliced bread with butter on top to go with it, yum!
This is the finished look.
Hope you enjoy!
And for my BIL, I know we still have to come over to visit but until then this is for you.
Have a blessed day,
Kim
2 comments:
Hi Kim, Congratulations on the weight loss...that's fantastic!
The tator tot casserole sounds yummy :)
Sounds good, no beef here, haven't had beef in awhile since we eat a lot of vegetarian foods here now.
Amy
Post a Comment